4939 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cluster with two productions lan!!!

Markswell
Contributor

Cluster with two productions lan!!!

Hello!!!

I wan't to setup MCSG with one cluster, two nodes and two productions network. Ex: VLAN1 e VLAN2

Is it possible to do this??

Obs: I'm using 2 nic peer server, 2( nic Active and Stand-by ) on VLAN1 e 2 on VLAN2. The node one just see the VLAN1 and node two just see the VLAN2.
The client will connect using DNS query resolving what ip is the ip of the pkg IP1 on VLAN1 or IP2 on VLAN2,

Like:

Vlan1 Vlan2
-------- ----------
| | | |
|------| |-------|
| Node1|----| Node2 |
| |----| |
|------| HB |-------|

HB = HeatBeat
4 REPLIES 4
Sridhar Bhaskarla
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I don't see any reason why your setup won't work.

However, I am very enthusiastic to se why you would want to do it. If Node2 fails, obvioulsy Node1 cannot pickup the package of Node2 as it cannot talk to Vlan2.

If it is for the sake of network card redundancy, then I would configure two single node clusters.

-Sri
You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try
David Bell_1
Honored Contributor

TAM,

Not recommended. The purpose of the failover LAN is compromised if it is assigned an IP. In other words, if it's configured in the system, an MCSG LAN failover could not occur.

HTH,

Dave
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

No way can you do what you want,. I sugest you rethink your design.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
David_246
Trusted Contributor

The meaning of a cluster is to get high availability. So whenever you have problems on a node the other node will take over without too much trouble.
So for designing a cluster, but not it's funtionality would not be apropriate I think.

As you have a different Vlan on each node the swith-over (high availability) has no effect as it's communication cannot take place anymore due to adress resolving problems plus your package ip-adres should have to change ones you're switching.

I don't know why you want this, but if you give some more background info there might be another solution.

Regs David
@yourservice