New Discussion юеВ

Continental Cluster

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rajeesh_3
Occasional Contributor

Continental Cluster

Hi All,

We are creating new continental cluster in our environemt and we are able to create also but when we are applying the new configuration after editing the cmconclconfig file (After the addition of new DG/package) its throwing follwoing error.
We have tried deleting the continenetal cluster configuration by cmdeleteconcl & created once more but the first time it will not throw any error ( did for the config file with package /Without package) & its throwing error if we edit the initial configuration..could any please help on this issue

Command we used ;
cmcheckconcl -C cmconcl.config

Error is ;

null
java.lang.NullPointerException
at ContinentalCluster.verifyRehearsalConfig(ContinentalCluster.java:1256)
at ContinentalCluster.sematicCheck(ContinentalCluster.java:586)
at ContclAscii.sematicCheck(ContclAscii.java:515)
at ContclAscii.checkTemplate(ContclAscii.java:527)
at CmCheckContcl.execute(CmCheckContcl.java:54)
at DRCmd.main(DRCmd.java:74)

Thanks
Rajeesh
5 REPLIES 5
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Continental Cluster

A consistently repeatable java.lang.NullPointerException normally means only one thing: a bug in software.

If you have a support agreement for your Continental Cluster, contact HP Support and let them figure it out. Some patches may be required. Or if this is a new bug, you should work with HP Support to create a detailed bug report.

MK
MK
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

It would help if you posted your OS version, Serviceguard version, and also the CC version
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Rajeesh_3
Occasional Contributor

Thanks ...
Now it looks like its been reolved but facing another issue that is while starting the package at recoveryc luster ( R2) just for trsting the package we are getting the folllwoing error & the package is not starting also..

Sep 11 19:59:24 - Node angel : Entering Data Replication Enabler
Sep 11 19:59:28 - Node angel : Error - Consistency protection must be enabled on all devices for
Asynchronous mode.
Sep 11 19:59:28 - Node angel : Error - (Internal) Failed to initialize storage array interface.
Sep 11 19:59:28 - Node angel : Leaving Data Replication Enabler

Could any please help on this issue.
Rajeesh_3
Occasional Contributor

OS Verion-11.31
SG - 11.19
CC - A.07.01

Thanks
Rajeesh
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Well it looks like you ar eusing EMC arrays as you refer to the R2 side.
From the message:
Sep 11 19:59:24 - Node angel : Entering Data Replication Enabler
This is where the package checks and finds it needs to use the EMC/SRDF Metrocluster toolkit for verifying and configuring the R1/R2 array pairs.

Sep 11 19:59:28 - Node angel : Error - Consistency protection must be enabled on all devices for Asynchronous mode.
Sep 11 19:59:28 - Node angel : Error - (Internal) Failed to initialize storage array interface.
There is obviously an issue with what is being reported back by the EMC SymCLI commands used.

Sep 11 19:59:28 - Node angel : Leaving Data Replication Enabler

So now get the SRDF confifguration checked and fixed.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!