Operating System - HP-UX
1753824 Members
8304 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Install GPG encryption software on one node of HP MC/service Guard 3 node Cluster

rohithroki
Frequent Advisor

Install GPG encryption software on one node of HP MC/service Guard 3 node Cluster

Dear Team,

I need to install GPG software in one node of a 3 node service guard node cluster.

Kindly let me know if there is any impact during fail over or cluster start/stop if i install the software in only 1 node.

Awaiting the reply.

2 REPLIES 2
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

Re: Install GPG encryption software on one node of HP MC/service Guard 3 node Cluster

GPG is just a program on that one node. It is unrelated to Service Guard and if installed in a local directory such as /opt or /usr/local/bin, then it will only run on that node. Packages that run on other nodes won't see GPG.

However, if you want all nodes and all packages to use GPG, it should be installed on all nodes.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
rohithroki
Frequent Advisor

Re: Install GPG encryption software on one node of HP MC/service Guard 3 node Cluster

thank you for the reply .yes i just need to install in only 1 node mostly in /usr/local/bin.

i was afraid if it will cause any impact on cluster during cluser fail over or start