Operating System - HP-UX
1753505 Members
4692 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Licene Key is required to Install 11.31 ECMT B.07.00?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ryan_HPSC
Advisor

Licene Key is required to Install 11.31 ECMT B.07.00?

Dear HP,

May I kindly address a query in reference to which we weren't able to identify specific information.

We already have ECMT version B.06.00 installed and running on our HP-UX cluster systems.

Now we want to upgrade it to ECMT version B.07.00.

May we ask if a Licene Key is required to Install 11.31 ECMT B.07.00? (Product T1909BA)

We have an active SAID, but after conducting a search in in HP’s forums we found a topic on the HP-UX MCOE Serviceguard and ECMT licenses policy according to which The ECMT  is included in the Mission Critical Operating Environment.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Serviceguard/HP-UX-MCOE-serviceguard-and-ECMT-licenses-policy/m-p/4603931#M17792

May I ask if it would be possible to confirm whether this information is correct or we would need to purchase and register a separate license?

Many thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Best regards,

Ryan

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Ryan,

A license key is not required to install ECMT - however if you are trying to install off physical media, you will probably need a codeword to get it off the media.

Of course just because a license key isn't required, doesn't mean you can actually lay your hands on the software depot to install ECMT!

If you have your MCOE on a support contract that includes software update (most support contracts do!), and you seem to imply you do, then you are entitled to software updates for MCOE, and ECMT is indeed part of MCOE.

So what you should be doing is logging in to HP Support Centre. If you haven't done already you will then need to associate your SAID with you HP Passport ID that you logged in with. Once you have done that you should be able to visit the "Software Updates and Licensing" Section of the support centre, select your SAID, and then be taken to a pgae where you can decide what you want to download. You migh have to download the whole ISO for the OE just to get ECMT though. Note that MCOE (Mission Critical Operating Environment) has now become DCOE (Data Centre Operating Environment), so you might need to choose that instead.

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Ryan_HPSC
Advisor

Hello Duncan,

Many thanks for provising me with detailled information on the topic.

I confirm that after logging into HPSC and having the contract linked I was able to identify the MCOE.

Thank you once again.

Best regards,

Ryan

Ryan_HPSC
Advisor

Hi Duncan,

The information which you gave was helpful.

I have downloaded the dvd image for MCOE. Also , I managed to extract the file DVD_HP-UX_11i_11iv2_MCOE_Core_1_5011-5443.dvdimage

Its is a huge file of size 3.98 GB.

Can you help me find the required ECMT fileset / product in it please ?

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Ryan