cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSA1000 to MSA2000 cluster upgradation

Khalid_Rasool
Occasional Contributor

MSA1000 to MSA2000 cluster upgradation

We need to upgrade the storage at one of our customer site,presently they r using RHEL-AS4 and SG cluster with two nodes.Now they r planning to move on MSA2000 for more space.So we have to migrate their environment and cluster from MSA1000 to MSA2000.In this scenario how we can avoids any risks.How we will move quorum drive on new storage.How we can take the backup of quorum, also how we can avoid changing in device file names under Linux for new storage.
Thnx in advance.
2 REPLIES
Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor

Re: MSA1000 to MSA2000 cluster upgradation

You will need to take down the cluster, copy the data, and bring the cluster back up. You do not need to back up the LockLUN. It is probably easier to reapply the cluster configuration and, in the process change the LockLUN. Look at the section of documentation that describes replacing a LockLUN

Others may need to comment on moving the data. If you are using LVM that will make the migration easier as the SG configuration only knows about the volume groups and not the underlying LUNs.
Khalid_Rasool
Occasional Contributor

Re: MSA1000 to MSA2000 cluster upgradation

Dear
Can we separate a node like nodeA from existing cluster after moving all services to nodeB and connect nodeA to MSA2000.In this scenario what i should do and what would be the steps to erect the cluster on seprated node.Why I am doing this because we have to keep alive services and customer wants minimum down time.Kindly reply me if there is any workaround.