Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAS Mount over MC SG

Ajin_1
Valued Contributor

NAS Mount over MC SG

Hi Experts

We have a 5 node cluster xyz1,xyz2,xyz3,xyz4,xyz5 ,and these haveing Packages configured and running

For the 4 nodes  xyz1,xyz2,xyz3,xyz4,--------------xyz5 is the standby.

Some NAS mount points are mounted on only active servers.(Not mounted on Standby servers).

They included in cluster packages configuration file.

My question is When fail over occurs, are they moved over to stand by servers?.

Thanks & Regards
Ajin.S
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
3 REPLIES 3
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: NAS Mount over MC SG

>>My question is When fail over occurs, are they moved over to stand by servers?.

That depends entirely on how the packages are set up.  If the NAS mount points are included in the package definition and are mounted by the package when it starts, then they should move.

Ajin_1
Valued Contributor

HI Patrick

Thanks for reply. I verify the package configuration file ,nothing related to NAS mount points are mentioned .Any other configuration files there for those seetings?

Thanks & Regards
Ajin.S
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

The only other way for a NAS  mount point to be mounted on  your system is via /etc/fstab.

If you NAS mount points are defined in /etc/fstab on only some of the systems then they WILL NOT be mounted on the failover server if/when a package fails over.