108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Network configuration problems

SOLVED
Go to solution
dictum9
Super Advisor

Network configuration problems

Should the /etc/rc.config.d/netconf file be the same on both nodes of the 2-node cluster?

I am having issues with primary/standby. I know only one gets defined in netconf and the other in the main cluster config file, but should they be identical on both machines?
6 REPLIES 6
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor
Solution

Identical?
No, as that file holds the hostname and configured IP address information unique to that host.
This file also has NOTHING to do with the Serviceguard standby network, other than that the standby LAN must NOT be configured in this file
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
dictum9
Super Advisor

Well, the 2 nodes are identical, the same cards and the drops go into the same ports in the cards.

Meaning lan1 e.g. is the same port on both machines.
Mark S Meadows
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Yes, but as pointed out above each of the nodes should have a separate static IP Address, which are registered in the /etc/rc.config.d/netconf file.

Normally lan0 relates to the static IP of the nodes, but if in this instance you are saying they relate to lan1 then they should be different static IP addresses.

If they are the same then this means you have duplicate IP address's which may explain the problems being encountered ?

Please run the following commands :

lanscan
netstat -rn

and re-check each of the netconf files on the individual nodes.

Regards,

Mark
Administrating HP-UX systems for more years than I care to admit, but still enjoying it (most of the time!).
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

and if you were asking do they HAVE to be identical from a cluster node/device file viewpoint, the answer is no.
i.E. nodeA does not have to have it's primary for subnet x on the same device, such as lan1, they can be different over the nodes.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
dictum9
Super Advisor

I figured it out. The old A500 had a core IO network fail, once I tried a different port it worked nicely.

The failover port for SG is not explicitly listed but the software is smart enough to identify it...
Samir Pujara_1
Frequent Advisor

The /etc/rc.config.d/netconf is used for your local network config.

All configuration for cluster (including networking) is done in clusterconfig.ascii