Operating System - HP-UX
1753324 Members
5991 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: New LV need to add in running package.

sithick
Occasional Contributor

New LV need to add in running package.

Hi All,

I have Service guard A.11.20 with 2node cluster running with HPUX 11.31.

In this node only one  package running.  Its have 1 vg with 3 logical volume. Now I need to create the new lv on the Vg and its to be add in package controle file. Can you confirm me, for adding new lv in control file its require dowtime or what. if require please guide me with steps.

Regards

Abu

4 REPLIES 4
gnana prakasam
Advisor

Hi Abu,

No Downtime required .You have to create the LV in the same VG and mount it manually in the mount Point.

You need to put the filesystem entries in the cluster configuration file in both nodes. Export the VG in Preview mode on  primary node and import in the seconday node. For testing , you may activate the VG in read only mode (Secondary node) and test it by mounting also  .

CIBIN_ALBIN

Hello Prakasam,,,

can you guide me in how to activate the VG in read only mode in secondary node at the same time ,package currently running in primary note
gnana prakasam
Advisor

vgchange -a r VG_name

Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor

Correction to "You need to put the filesystem entries in the cluster configuration file in both nodes."

You need to put the filesystem entries in the package configuration file in both nodes (legacy-style package) or the modular package configuration file used to create/update the package.

Also, don't forget to export/reimport the volume group on the node where the LVOL was NOT created, so that /dev/<vgname>/<newlvol> will be created, or do it yourself manually.