4288 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Pull a service from a package.

joe_91
Super Advisor

Pull a service from a package.

Hi:

We run a single node cluster. we have one package (it has 3(A,B,C) services)one of which is an application middleware(C). We decided that the application has to monitor its middleware and that service C has to pulled out. What are the steps to pull this out? Can someone help? The application is ready with their own monitor and now we have to redo the package to pull this application. Can some one help? We are running 11.0 64 bit.

Thanks
Joe.
5 REPLIES 5
Christopher McCray_1
Honored Contributor

Hello,

This change has to be done with the package down, if memory serves.

take the package down, comment out or delete the reference to the service in the package control and config files, and run cmcheckconf and cmapplyconf. Restart your package.

Hope this helps

Chris
It wasn't me!!!!
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

to delete a service from a package, you must halt the package first.
See Table 7.3 in the manual Managing MC/ServiceGuard at:
http://docs.hp.com/hpux/ha
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
jagdeesh
Frequent Advisor

Hi Joe,

you need to halt package first and edit the package config file, uncomment/Delete the service u want to pull out
#SERVICE_NAME DB_SERVICE
#SERVICE_FAIL_FAST_ENABLED NO
#SERVICE_HALT_TIMEOUT 300

and also in package control script do the same
#SERVICE_NAME[0]=""
#SERVICE_CMD[0]=""
#SERVICE_RESTART[0]="".

as chris told, u need to check and apply the configuration. When you do this, it will update configuration online nad maintain cmclconfig.tmp in /etc/cmcluster. Next time whenever you shutdown cluster, the configuration will be updated permanently.

...jags

Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor