New Discussion юеВ

SGLX and Informix DB

SOLVED
Go to solution
Delrish
Trusted Contributor

SGLX and Informix DB

Hello,

I want to make a cluster for two servers with Infomix database IDS V.11. I am looknig for Monitoring/stop/start scripts which are needed in Service guard. Where can I fnd them?
Can anybody kindly send them for me.

Thx
Alireza
3 REPLIES 3
Delrish
Trusted Contributor

Re: SGLX and Informix DB

Hello,

I made the cluster successfully with two nodes.
Now I have a problem with my package.
I wrote little scripts to startup and shutdown my database.
I logged in as root and executed these to scripts which are named "start" and "stop" and my database goes UP and Down successfully.
I used these scripts in my packge's control script too. I added them to "function customer_defined_run_cmds" and "function customer_defined_halt_cmds" sections of control script.
However as soon as starting the package I got the error and scripts cannot start database. i got the below lines in db.sh.log (control file's log):

###### Node "Informix1": Starting package at Thu Sep 11 15:11:51 IRST 2008 ######
Sep 11 15:11:51 - Node "Informix1": Adding IP address 192.168.1.10 to subnet 192.168.1.0
Your evaluation license will expire on 2008-12-10 00:00:00
oninit: DBSERVERNAME 'Informix1' not in sqlhosts file or sqlhosts file contents
are damaged.

WARNING: server initialization failed, or possibly timed out (if -w was used).
Check the message log, online.log, for errors.
ERROR: Function customer_defined_run_cmds; Failed to RUN customer commands
Your evaluation license will expire on 2008-12-10 00:00:00
shared memory not initialized for INFORMIXSERVER 'demo_on'
Sep 11 15:11:51 - Node "Informix1": Remove IP address 192.168.1.10 from subnet 192.168.1.0
###### Node "Informix1": Package start FAILED at Thu Sep 11 15:11:51 IRST 2008 ######

please advice.
Alireza

Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor
Solution

the error message "oninit: DBSERVERNAME Informix1' not in sqlhosts file or sqlhosts file contents are damaged." is not a Serviceguard error.
Delrish
Trusted Contributor

thanks