1748227 Members
4132 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SGLX and Multipathing without lock-lun

hensko
Occasional Contributor

SGLX and Multipathing without lock-lun

DM-MPIO is not supported by ServiceGuard for Linux, but if I use a Quorum-server instead of lock-lun. Is that possible, or even supported??
Iс╕┐ going to use it with EMC SYMMETRIX SAN.
5 REPLIES 5
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

What are you asking is supported or possible?
Using a QS instead of a Lock Lun?
YES it is
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Colin Topliss
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Don't bother trying to use a lock lun. It isn't implemented properly at all under Linux (its horrible, gave me no end of grief), and no, MPIO is not supported either.

Switch to using a quorum server. The RPM is provided with the SG CD, and its real easy to set up. I switched to using a quorum server ages ago and never looked back since.

Colin
hensko
Occasional Contributor

Hmm, I├б┬╕┬┐ not that good to explain my problems.
I├б┬╕┬┐ already running a Qourum server, and that works really good. But the problem is that I want to use DM-MPIO for the cluster volumes. I just wonder why HP wont support this. I cant imaging what ServiceGuard want to do under LVM. As far as the logical volumes are there, all should be fine.
John Bigg
Esteemed Contributor

DM is not supported since it was found to be unreliable during testing. There is a plan to support this once the stability is better. Technically you could use it now just as you can in reality do many unsupported things, often without trouble but then one day you get bitten.
srp_1

As far as i know, at the time of last releas of Servicequard, scsi enquiry ioctl's support required for the locklun is not available in the linux kernal to supprt DM-MP. Now only Rh4.5[2.6.9.54 or above kernal] and RH5 has the fix for it. not sure about the SUSE.