108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ServiceGuard 11.19 and Quorum Services A.04.00 - changing quorum server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tom Haddad
Super Advisor

ServiceGuard 11.19 and Quorum Services A.04.00 - changing quorum server

I have a 2 node cluster of HPUX 11iv3 host each running ServiceGuard 11.19. Qorum server is an older HP IVM host.

I have a newer LINUX server running running Quorum a.04.00. I want to alter my cluster configuraton and specify this new

quorum server.  I understand I can do that dynamically, If so how?

3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

First, use cmgetconf <filename.ascii> to get a copy of the current cluster configuration. (You may have an old .ascii file around, but please use cmgetconf anyway - it ensures the .ascii file will be a 100% accurate copy of the cluster's current configuration state).

Edit the quorum server information in the new .ascii file - do not change anything else in the file at this time.

Then use cmcheckconf -C <filename.ascii> to verify the new configuration. If the verification is successful, you can use cmapplyconf -C <filename.ascii> to apply the new configuration.

When the cmapplyconf command completes successfully, the new configuration will be in effect. Update your cluster documentation, and/or archive the .ascii file for disaster recovery procedures, according to the standard operating procedure at your site.

MK
Tom Haddad
Super Advisor

So I can alter my quorum server using this method,  while my cluster is up,..2 nodes running and packages running?

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes, I've done this successfully in a 3-node Serviceguard cluster.

MK