ServiceGuard A.11.20.00

SOLVED
Go to solution
Roro_2
Regular Advisor

ServiceGuard A.11.20.00

Hello,

Our customer is trying to install ServiceGuard
A.11.20.00 on Bl860c I2 server running HPUX 11i v3.
When executing the following command "cmquerycl -v -C config.cf -n node1 -n node2" , i am getting the following error
"unable to determine local domain for node2 check_cdfs_group,not cdfd group specified".

Please advise.

Thanks and Regards

Roger
8 REPLIES 8
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Re: ServiceGuard A.11.20.00

does it state it is an error? or just a warning?
that message is to do with th enew functionality of Cluster wide device files if I recall, so if they ARE using this functionality they may not have cpompleted the configuration steps for this.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Roro_2
Regular Advisor

Hi Melvyn,

I think it is an error. How to avoid the using of the new funtionality.

Thanks

Roger
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor
Solution

I suggest you post the complete output result from running the command
Also verify that they have the latest required SG patch for this version
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor

The message "unable to determine local domain for ..." is usually a warning and not an Error. It is the result of listing the simple hostname to the left of the fully qualified domain name in the /etc/hosts file. It is rarely a 'showstopper' and the cmquerycl command should have created an ASCII configuration file (config.cf in your case). If it does not, please list all of the output messages here.
Manix
Honored Contributor

Yes Roger
This is pretty common error if you don`t just have FQDN in the hosts file. Can be ignored.

Thanks
Manix
HP-UX been always lovable - Mani Kalra
Ismail Azad
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

Just one outta the box thing because it was discussed. I think besides your query one thing that springs up by the moderators in the posts is the difference between "error" and "warning" in terms of the terminology itself. A "warning" can be overlooked but you have to deal with an "error". Correct me if I am wrong. :)

Regards
Ismail Azad
Read, read and read... Then read again until you read "between the lines".....
mohsin2010
Frequent Advisor

HI melvyn burnard,

How do i post you i have some issues regarding ALM 11 i have posted many posts in QC portion but remain unsolved i m a new bie can you please HELP me out ?

Best Regards,
Syed Mohsin Raza

Syed,

Why do you think Melvyn can help you here?

Melvyn's a very bright guy and knows more than almost anyone I know about Serviceguard and HP-UX, I don't though think he is a QC expert (happy to be proven wrong Melvyn!)

If you are trying to contact him in his capacity as a forums administrator, then again, what are you expecting him to do? This is a "community" forum, answers to questions come from the community - HP experts in certain fields might contribute when they can, but they are not obligated to do so. If your questions aren't getting answered, you either need to spend the time looking through the manuals, or log a support call.

You could also try the QC forum in the HP Software Community forums here:

http://h30501.www3.hp.com/t5/Quality-Management-Community/ct-p/TEST_MGMT

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo