108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ServiceGuard&SuseLinux 9ES

SOLVED
Go to solution
KOUYATE MAURY
Frequent Advisor

ServiceGuard&SuseLinux 9ES

Hi,i'm trying to configure a cluster using Suse Linux 9 ES (kernel : 2.6.5-7.97-smp)and HP ServiceGuard-A.11.16.01-0.first when intalling hp serviceguard i was facing conflict package problem (pidentd-3.1a25-181.5 witch is suse linux default package version, the one comming with serviceguard is "pidentd-3.1a26sg-1.i586.rpm" to solve this i remove the one for suse linux, but the installation finish with some warning messages (See file attached).now after being able to install oracle 10g R1 on my storage when trying to configure the cluster i got this error message:oraserv1:/opt/cmcluster/bin # ./cmquerycl -v -L /dev/cciss/c1d0p1 -n oraserv1 -n oraserv2 -C /opt/cmcluster/conf/lpcluster.configBegin checking the nodes...Looking for other clusters ... DoneError: Node oraserv1 is refusing Serviceguard communication.Please make sure that the proper security access is configured on nodeoraserv1 through either file-based access (pre-A.11.16 version) or role-basedaccess (version A.11.16 or higher) and/or that the host name lookupon node oraserv1 resolves the IP address correctly.Failed to gather configuration information.i've notice that i can't use rsh on both nodes:oraserv1:~ # rsh oraserv1 ls -l /etc/hosts.equivoraserv1.cluster.com: Connection refused-on node1 i can rlogin to node1 but i can't rlogin in node2-on node2 i can't rlogin to node2 but i can rlogin to node1- But can ssh on all the node witout problemWhat can be the problem? NB: Oracle is running perfect on each nodesKouyate Maury
3 REPLIES 3
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor
Solution

Well have you followed th emessage in the warning?

Warning: ServiceGuard uses the identd daemon, which does not
appear to be running on this node. Please take the proper
steps to configure and run identd before attempting to
have this node re-join the cluster.

Also check and make sur eyou hav eset up everything from a security point of view for Serviceguard, please read:
http://docs.hp.com/en/6283/SGsecurityfiles.pdf
http://docs.hp.com/en/6283/SGsecurityfiles.pdf
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor

Two immediate things to try:

1) identd may not have started. "identd" is the service associated with pidentd. Make sure this is set to start automatically.

2) Check that the file cmclnodelist has been created and is set up correctly.

After doing this, you may need to reboot the nodes.
KOUYATE MAURY
Frequent Advisor

I've just remove the package coming with the Suse Linux installation and install the one coming with Serviceguard
Thanks