5138 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Serviceguard, Oracle DataGuard and Veritas Netbackup Master

juan.caceres
Valued Contributor

Serviceguard, Oracle DataGuard and Veritas Netbackup Master

Somebody knows the following:

- Exists a toolkit to protect veritas netbackup master?.

- Can i protect Oracle DataGuard with the MC/Serviceguard eRac extension?.

Thanks
Ready to help!
3 REPLIES 3
baiju_3
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Serviceguard, Oracle DataGuard and Veritas Netbackup Master

Hi Caceres,

I don't think there is a MC/SG extention available for NetBackup Server .

We have configured

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/netbackup script in pkg control file to start and stop the services , and we do not have a monitoring for this package .

thx,
bl.
Good things Just Got better (Plz,not stolen from advertisement -:) )
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi Juan,

Check this link for a attached doc on how to configure veritas netbackup in a high availability cluster environment.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=928575

Hope this helps.

regds
Carsten Krege
Honored Contributor

HP setup Oracle Data Guard configurations with the Continentalclusters product for Oracle 9i before (and Oracle 10g is probably investigated). But I did not see a pure SGeRAC cluster with DataGuard so far.

However, in the past Oracle Parallel FailSafe (OPFS) integrations with SGeRAC (SGOPS) based on Oracle 8.x were done. I think OPFS is the predecessor of Data Guard. Because SGeRAC is normally used in an active-active configuration (all nodes access the DB at the same time) and Continentalclusters uses an active-passive configuration, I'd say that Continentalclusters is the more natural configuration.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- HhGttG