1752800 Members
5708 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Standby LAN's

Scott Torgerson
Occasional Contributor

Standby LAN's

When doing a "cmquerycl", everything looks good except that it does not see the LAN's that I have for standby. It lists both the primary and heartbeats. Is there something that I have to do manually to get it to see the standby lans?
3 REPLIES 3
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

Re: Standby LAN's

In what way is it not "seeing" the standby lans?
are you puuting it into an ascii file and then reading it, or just doing cmquerycl to standard out? if the latter, then I believe you may not see the standby lans ;-}
if you are putting it an ascii file, and still not seeing them, paste the ascii file into this discussion and we will check it out.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Scott Torgerson
Occasional Contributor

When I run the "cmquerycl -C myfile.ascii -n -n mynode2>" command to create the ascii file for the cluster. after the file is created, the standby LANS are not listed in the file. The primary and heartbeat LANs were automatically found. Do I have to manually define the standby LANS? (Co-workers that went to the class said the standby LANS should be found automatically)
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

provided the network links/bridges are in place, then these should be discovered. You MUST ensure that any standby lan has not been configured in ANY way.
post your ascii file, as well as output of lanscan and netstat -in and let people have a look adnd see if we can help.
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!