New Discussion юеВ

Re: Startup order in packages.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Cesar_31
Advisor

Startup order in packages.

Hello,
i have a serviceguard cluster 11.18 with 3 package, 2 package are dependences of another one, so i need that 1 package was the first one in startup with the cluster complete start. I search in documentation and in version,11.18, there is a new parameter PRIORITY, I try to configure the package with diferents values of priority but it does not work.....how can i get this configuration for the package?
BR
7 REPLIES 7
Vihang.
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi Cesar,

The PRIORITY parameter does not determine which package will start first while starting the cluster. PRIORITY only determines the priority of the packages. So incase of a node failure which runs a package with highest priority, the package will be started on another node which runs a low priority package. To free up resources, the package with low priority might even be halted by serviceguard.
Now, for your requirement. If I get you correctly, you need the 3 packages to start in certain order. This order is determined by the order you specify while running "cmapplyconf" command. So you should halt the cluster & run below command.

# cmcheckconf -C -P -P -P -v
If all goes fine.
# cmapplyconf -C -P -P -P -v
Then start the cluster & it should start packages in order, pkg1, pkg2 & pkg3.
# cmruncl -v
Hope this helps. (Please give points if it does)
George_Dodds
Honored Contributor

What priority have you assigned to your packages with dependences

Also did you configure the following parameters?
DEPENDENCY_NAME
DEPENDENCY_CONDITION
DEPENDENCY_LOCATION
George_Dodds
Honored Contributor

Vihang is correct the PRIORITY parameter is only applied when packages with dependant packages on the same node are switched over to another node.
Vihang.
Trusted Contributor

Hi Cesar,

Please let us know if your problem is resolved.

Regards,
Vihang.
Vihang.
Trusted Contributor

Cesar_31
Advisor

Hello all,
i have problem with the network configuration and i can not test it until yesterday. I try it and all work fine.
BR and thanks.
Cesar_31
Advisor

I can solve the problem with this notes.