108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Test Failover

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gilbert Standen_1
Frequent Advisor

Test Failover

For testing purposes, can one configure a package to just move a service to the other node without unmounting the associated file systems? Basically just start the process on the other node, without any change in disk associations.
If I could take one thing with me into the next world it would be my valid login to HP ITRC Forums
4 REPLIES 4
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Gilbert,

I don't see how you can do this within a single package. The pkg definitions *must* be identical on the nodes & whatever the pkg does must be done in totality any *any* node upon which it runs.

What I'd probably do is set up another package & set a dependency in that pkg to a monitor or some other event in the original pkg. So that when some event happens in pkg1 on node A pkg2 starts on node B.
Note that a pkg does *not* have to mount any VGs to run.

My $0.02,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Gilbert Standen_1
Frequent Advisor

Jeff, I will think over what you have said so that I understand. Your response very much appreciated.
If I could take one thing with me into the next world it would be my valid login to HP ITRC Forums
UNIXTEK
Frequent Advisor

Why not just create a package XCLOCK?

Use xclock -n 'hostname' -display for example.
Sunil Sharma_1
Honored Contributor

Yes You can do it.

in pakage control script don't spcify lvols and vg's.
spcify only service.i did it in one of my test cluster for testing and it was working fine.

Sunil
*** Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today ***