Operating System - Linux
1753253 Members
4475 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: The Serviceguard daemon, /opt/cmcluster/bin/cmcld[487], exited with a status of 127

Enrico Ahnel

The Serviceguard daemon, /opt/cmcluster/bin/cmcld[487], exited with a status of 127

Hi,

i use SG on SLES9 32Bit and i instaled the
patch SGLX_00078.

Now I get an error when I will start the cluster:

"The Serviceguard daemon, /opt/cmcluster/bin/cmcld[487], exited with a status of 127."

What's is mean with the status 127 ?
What's the reason for this?

Regards
Enrico
5 REPLIES 5
Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor

Re: The Serviceguard daemon, /opt/cmcluster/bin/cmcld[487], exited with a status of 127

You should have installed SGLX_00017 at the same time. BUT this is probably not the cause of your problem.

Did you do a kernel update?
Is the deadman driver and pidentd driver running? Do an lsmod to tell.

Were there ANY other changes done at teh same time?

What version of serviceguard were you running before applying the patch?
Enrico Ahnel

I can not find the patch SGLX_00017 in the patch database!?

Yes, I have updated the kernel but after this I recompiled deadman and pidentd and load both:

# lsmod |grep -E "dead|pid"
pidentd 3072 0
deadman 6080 0

Installed was SeviceGuard serviceguard-A.11.16.01.0 befor update.

No ohter changes on the systen this time.
Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor

On SGLX_00017 - there is a problem with the patch data base. I cannot find any SGLX related SUSE patches. I will work to get that fixed. It may take more than a day to fix this. In the meantime, please contact HP support and they should be able to get you a copy from internal sources. While you are calling, you may be able to log a call with the problem.
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor

Enrico Ahnel

Thank you for the help and hints.

The patch SGLX_00017 is now installed but
the problem is not solved.

Regards
Enrico