4553 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Update to Sles9 sp2 new multipath

Huettner
Advisor

Update to Sles9 sp2 new multipath

Hi folks,
has anyone running multipath and lvm2 on OS Sles9 SP2?
I have configured my maschines with OS and SP2. New installed multipath like the howto from Suse, but it did`t work fine.

Finding all volume groups
Found duplicate PV YFqPUbpMoVegfeFZLKV7xHQOi3oyzre1: using /dev/sde not /dev/sdb
Found duplicate PV XvJcnr9HKNF2nbbrIxfpjVRSpuESZxIO: using /dev/sdf not /dev/sdc
Found duplicate PV YFqPUbpMoVegfeFZLKV7xHQOi3oyzre1: using /dev/sdh not /dev/sdb
Found duplicate PV XvJcnr9HKNF2nbbrIxfpjVRSpuESZxIO: using /dev/sdi not /dev/sdc
Found duplicate PV YFqPUbpMoVegfeFZLKV7xHQOi3oyzre1: using /dev/sdk not /dev/sdb
Found duplicate PV XvJcnr9HKNF2nbbrIxfpjVRSpuESZxIO: using /dev/sdl not /dev/sdc
Finding volume group "vgprodis1lxstk"
--- Volume group ---
VG Name vgprodis1lxstk
System ID
Format lvm2
Metadata Areas 1
Metadata Sequence No 15
VG Access read/write
VG Status resizable
MAX LV 255
Cur LV 9
Open LV 0
Max PV 255
Cur PV 1
Act PV 1
VG Size 89.98 GB
PE Size 16.00 MB
Total PE 5759
Alloc PE / Size 4307 / 67.30 GB
Free PE / Size 1452 / 22.69 GB
VG UUID ESMRCi-a0Se-nOv6-isYm-VB5I-JWjd-93q9m4

--- Logical volume ---
LV Name /dev/vgprodis1lxstk/lvd1

--- Physical volumes ---
PV Name /dev/sdc
PV UUID XvJcnr-9HKN-F2nb-brIx-fpjV-RSpu-ESZxIO
PV Status allocatable
Total PE / Free PE 5759 / 1452

When i activate the filter in lvm.conf then i can`t find any vg`s
any idear???--:.
3 REPLIES 3
Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor

The ONLY multipath mechanisms supported with Serviceguard (and with HP Storage) are:

The multipath feature built into the QLogic driver for Fibre Channel. The HP version of the driver should be delivered with this enabled. Please use that version.

The MD driver for ONLY MSA500 G2.

It looks like whatever you were using thinks that the device names changed - but that is only speculation. My main point is what is supported by Serviceguard for Linux.
C'est Pierre
Advisor

I am having exactly the same problem as you, except that it's with /dev/sda and /dev/sdb..

As for the 'md' layer, forget about it.. it doesn't work well and isn't the recommended to use with LVM.

However, I didn't know HP didn't support the Device Mapper subsystem of Linux, so.. I wonder where I can find the drivers for a QLogic 23xx that comes with our 10 HP BL25p's.. any help ? thanks :)
Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor

Driver are available here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?〈=en&cc=us&pnameOID=451433&taskId=135&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=1120361&submit.y=0&submit.x=0〈=en&cc=us

Most drivers are easily found by starting on www.hp.com - selecting "software and driver downloads" and then putting in your product number - bl25p in this case.

Regards