Serviceguard

change cluster lock in a SGeRAC cluster

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nappy_1
Frequent Advisor

change cluster lock in a SGeRAC cluster

we are moving data from an old array to a new array. we have created new disks from the new array and we will use mirroring on lvm logical volumes.
since the cluster lock is on the old disks. so this has to be changed on the cluster ascii file then cmapplyconf
i know very well SG standard but i don't have knowledge on SGeRAC. is there something different in SGeRAC that i need to verify?
3 REPLIES 3
Stephen Doud
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: change cluster lock in a SGeRAC cluster

There is no difference between SGeRAC and Serviceguard when it comes to changing the cluster lock device. Update the cluster configuration ASCII file with the new device special file paths that each node will use to contact the new cluster lock PV, and cmapplyconf the file. Depending on the version, it may be necessary to halt the cluster to complete the cmapplyconf.
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

you cannot change the cluster lock mechanism while the cluster is running unless you are at SG 11.19

Otherwise you can change the cluster quorum mechanism while the cluster is running.

you can use pvmove to move LVs of VGs and vxevac to move volumes between disks of vxvm disk groups.
Sentinel_2
Advisor

I did this some time ago in a Standard SG version prior to 11.19 and I had to do the following; I suppose you are aware but just in case.

After you change the device in the cluster Lock PV in the ascii file, I think I had to remove cluster mark in the Cluster Lock VG (vgchange -c n) before cmapplyconf because I was getting some errors.

After that I had to put the cluster mark again.
regards