108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: cluster configuration cman

SOLVED
Go to solution
nasmel
Frequent Advisor

cluster configuration cman

i am configuring a 2 node cluster using RHCS.i was successfull in installing the cluster with GULM lock server,but i want it to change to DLM.I tried to do that
from tool menu by clicking change to DLM and by clicking on Send to cluster,at that tie am getting an error message like

"A problem was encountered when attempting to get information about the nodes in the cluster:/sbin/cman_tool:cant open /proc/cluster/nodes, cman not runnuing"

I tried to start cman service but it also fails

#rpm -ivh cman*
failed dependencies

/lib/modules/2.6.9-42.EL is needed by cman kernel-2.6.9-45.2.i686

similar entries for caman-kernel-hugemem and cman-kernel-smp

#rpm -ivh cman* --nodeps
says that all the packages are installed

i have already installed the Kernel
2.6.9-45.0.10.ELsmp

#uname -a
Linux xxx.xxx 2.6.9-42.0.10.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri ...i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

wat to do next,how to reinstall or

3 REPLIES 3
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

The cman package is depending of a kernel version older than you have installed. Download the kernel version requiered for cman (2.6.9-42.EL).

Then remove /etc/cluster/cluster.conf in both nodes and run system-config-cluster again.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
nasmel
Frequent Advisor

Yep.it worked out...
Downgraded to 26.9-42.EL and its working..
thanks
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

I'm glad it worked.

Please if you have time, check your questions and answers and assing some points to the people that helped you.

Have a nice day.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/publicProfile.do?userId=CA1444959&forumId=1
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?