3818 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: location of packages configuration files

anat heilper
Frequent Advisor

location of packages configuration files

Hi,
is there a way to know by command or a file where is the location of the packages control scripts of all of the packages?
if i run cmviewcl i only see the name of the package, not the path where it is configured.
Thanks,
Anat.
5 REPLIES 5
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

I have only used serviceguard on HP-UX. I will assume it is the same and guess /etc/cmcluster. It will probably be in in a subdirectory.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
skt_skt
Honored Contributor

check under /etc/cmcluster directory.
anat heilper
Frequent Advisor

Hi, O found what i wanted,
I use the command cmviewconf to see the locatio nof all ofthe scripts of all of teh packages.
Thanks.
anat heilper
Frequent Advisor

thesubject is closed
John Bigg
Esteemed Contributor

Although the thread is closed I thought it would be helpful to others to clarify things.

Firstly on Linux /etc/cmcluster is not used. Depending on the distribution it may be under /usr/local or /opt/. The way to tell is to use $SGCONF which will point to the appropriate directory on all platforms including HP-UX as long as /etc/cmcluster.conf is sourced.

Secondly, although typically package faile are stored under $SGCONF and often in a sub directory of the package name, there is nothing to say they have to be. They can be located anywhere and so cmviewconf is the only sure way to tell where the package files have been specified (as Anat worked out).