New Discussion юеВ

lock vg problem about replacing va7400 to EMC disk array

SOLVED
Go to solution
stephen peng
Valued Contributor

lock vg problem about replacing va7400 to EMC disk array

dear all,
we plan to replace the va7400 disk array with EMC disk array in the dual SD32000 enviroment, and now the lock vg is using the pv created in the va7400, and, when we replace it with EMC disk array, we should use the pv on the EMC to create lock vg.
so what should i deal with the ascii.conf? should i just replace the lock pv special file (from va7400) with the pv special file from EMC disk array and do cmapplyconf (ignoring the share OPS vgs issue)? or is there any addition step i should take? is there anything that i should pay attention to?

thanks a lot and look forward to your reply!
4 REPLIES 4
Rajeev  Shukla
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: lock vg problem about replacing va7400 to EMC disk array

yes you need to create VG on EMC which can be seen my all members in the cluster and then bring down the cluster, change the ascii file to have the new cluster lock vg, cmcheckconf and then cmapplyconf
stephen peng
Valued Contributor

Shukla ,
hi,thank you for your reply!
since this is an oracle concerned enviroment, my steps is that,
1,create vgs on single node,
2,shutdown the cluster and run it on single node mode,
3,export the former oracle database and import it to a new created database, using vgs from EMC,
4, test whether the new database would run correctly
5, shutdown the oracle database, modified the ascii.conf with new lock pv taking place of old lock pv, and pkg.conf with new OPS vgs taking of old OPS vgs, and then do cmcheckconf and cmapplyconf
6, if the last step is ok, start cluster.
have you any opinion about my consideration?

any way, thanks a lot.

stephen
Rajeev  Shukla
Honored Contributor

Hi Stephen,
I dont see any issue with your steps.
I dont have knowledge of OPS but from cluster point of view i see it perfect as to modify the cluster ascii file and package file with the new vg and pv and then check the config and apply them. If your database works after the migration surely it will work in cluster mode.
Bill Brunnler
Occasional Advisor

Hi
I am going through a disk migration right now
Here is what I did to migrate a RAC Service Guard Cluster

1. Get a new disk from the EMC
2. shut down all of your packages
3. vgexport the old lock disk vg
4.Create a new lockdisk vg from the new disk
(If you use the same vg name all you will need to change is the FIRST_CLUSTER_LOCK_PV in the cmclconfig.ascii file.
5.Edit the cmclconfig.ascii (check the ctd number on all the nodes they may change)

6. check the conf file
7. Apply the conf file .
8. Start thr cluster
###################################