Serviceguard
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about modifying samba toolkit package.

SOLVED
Go to solution
Evan_25
Occasional Contributor

question about modifying samba toolkit package.

I've installed and setup the samba toolkit. It's working good, however, I want to be able to add another service to that package. The problem is that in the README for the samba toolkit it states: "Do not enter the values (enable) for SERVICE_NAME | SERVICE_CMD | SERVICE_RESTART parameters in the package control script for Samba package.". Does this mean to not put in the samba monitor service in that control script. Or, what I think it says, to not put in any other services in that package.

How can I add more services to that package? Or, can I make one package dependent on another package?

Thanks much,
-Evan
2 REPLIES
Solution

Re: question about modifying samba toolkit package.

Hi Evan,

You cannot make one package dependent on another as of now with even the latest version of Serviceguard.

W.r.t Samba package.
All the samba services are already included for monitoring by the toolkit, so you dont have to worry about adding the samba services for monitoring.

What they mean here Do not enter the values is, any changes that you make will to the samba package is not supported. Eventhou you can go ahead and modify that it is not SUPPORTED.
Serviceguard for Linux
Honored Contributor

Re: question about modifying samba toolkit package.

To clarify... If you change the SAMBA toolkit it will not be supported. Since the toolkit is not officially supported, that should not be an issue.

Any issue can still be reported to contrib-ha-toolkits@hp.com but, because there is no official support, there is not guaranteed response time.