4617 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

reconfiguring existing hp-ux serviceguard cluster after network cards failure

NDO
Super Advisor

reconfiguring existing hp-ux serviceguard cluster after network cards failure

Hi

I have a 2 node Mc ServiceGuard cluster that at the moment only one node is UP, because the second node had some faulty network cards as well as FC cards.

I am not familiar with Mc ServiceGuard, so I would like to knwo what is the procedure to reform the cluster because the hardware issues are now resolved.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: reconfiguring existing hp-ux serviceguard cluster after network cards failure

If everything is unchanged then you should just be able to run:

cmrunnode -v <host>

replacing  <host> with the host name of the node you want to rejoin the cluster.

Of course if something has changed (such as LAN numbering, IP addresses,) or the cluster has been reconfigured to exclude this node, that will not work.

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
NDO
Super Advisor

Re: reconfiguring existing hp-ux serviceguard cluster after network cards failure

The only activity we did was simply to  add new cards into new slots, of the faulty server, i.e. 1 FC card and ethernet card and one combo (FC + Ethernet card)

Mike_Chisholm
HPE Pro

If you added new cards into new slots then the lan number has changed in the OS so you're going to have to make Serviceguard aware of this change. The replacment procedure can be found here (page 432) https://www.hpe.com/psnow/doc/a00062147en_us?section=Product%20Documentation

But what you did is not a replacement. You're going to have to add the new NIC to the cluster and probably delete the old one. See page 438 in the same document as a start.

I work for HPE.
NDO
Super Advisor

Thank you for your inputs. I will request some down time to carry out this activity, them post the resulsts here.