The Cloud Experience Everywhere
1748210 Members
2865 Online
108759 Solutions
New Article
ReginaHarris

Analysts discuss HPE’s Discover Las Vegas 2019 Announcements

Analysts discuss HPE Discover Las Vegas 2019.jpgAt HPE Discover 2019 in June, HPE introduced exciting announcements from almost every business unit throughout the company. However, the star of the show was the groundbreaking announcement that Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) made about broadening their consumption-based model solution via HPE GreenLake. By 2022, HPE plans to deliver its entire portfolio of products and services via this new model. The term “everything as a service” was the theme for the entire week at HPE Discover, and analysts quickly jumped on the news.

Here’s a snapshot of the coverage:

“Though the HPE Discover 2019 announcements were plentiful, the company made arguably its biggest splash by introducing a market promise to deliver ‘everything as a service’ by 2022. This is a bold statement in the enterprise IT space, where big-ticket hardware and big iron still tend to dominate revenue streams.” -- HPE boldly commits to everything-as-a-service, but is it a smart bet?, Daniel Newman, Futurum Research

“HPE appears to have turned the corner and is now driving new, innovative solutions to the market. In fact, a number of people I spoke to said there is a lot more yet to come. I am looking forward to seeing what comes next for HPE and how these new innovations will help enable organizations transform and leverage IoT effectively.” -- HPE Goes 'All In' on 'as a Service' at Discover 2019, Bob Laliberte, ESG

“More and more IT companies are realizing that giving enterprises flexibility and choice is the way to go. To me, this announcement is HPE taking that realization to its next logical conclusion after first announcing [HPE] GreenLake.” -- HPE Reveals Its XaaS, HCI, AI, And Storage Hand At Las Vegas Discover 2019, Patrick Moorhead, Moor Insights and Strategy

“After speaking with a number of partners, customers, and fellow analysts, the consensus was that HPE found its groove. This begs the question, did the company ever lose it? Personally, I think not. Rather, I believe the last couple of years have been transitional as the company shifted leadership and honed its focus. What we saw at Discover 2019 was simply an articulation of that strategic planning and product vision.” -- HPE Discover 2019: GreenLake, Edge, And Intelligence Rule The Day, Matt Kimball, Moor Insights and Strategy

To learn more about news announced at HPE Discover Las Vegas 2019, check out these articles:

1. Just announced! HPE InfoSight for HPE SimpliVity – AI for the HCI
  2. HPE announces updates to HPE Composable Fabric
  3. Just announced! Transform your rack scale environment with composability
  4. Newest HPE SimpliVity innovations deliver hyperconverged intelligence, automation, and choice
  5. What's New with HPE OneView 5.0?

Lastly, bookmark this blog site, Shifting to Software-defined, to get the latest news and updates from HPE -- and to learn more about shifting to a software-defined data center.

Regina Harris
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/HPE_HybridCloud
linkedin.com/showcase/hpe-cloud
hpe.com/composable

0 Kudos
About the Author

ReginaHarris

Digital marketing program manager