Shifting to Software-Defined
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conquer complexity, commandeer control with hyperconvergence

GuestBloggerCDI

Said Syed.jpgBy Said Syed, Group Manager, Hyperconverged Systems Product Management, HPE

When I’m out meeting with IT leaders, I often hear about the ever-growing costs of running a data center. So I was surprised when I read the results of a survey that asked 550 IT professionals about the various challenges impacting their IT operations. The poll, conducted by ActualTech Media, found that 33 percent regarded complexity as a challenge – more than those who said that expense had an impact on their organization (27 percent).

On second thoughts, I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that complexity is such a pressing issue. Without eliminating complexity and achieving tight control of your IT infrastructure, you can’t deliver the operational speed required to support new business initiatives and meet the demands of the marketplace.

Getting control of the IT environment is a top priority

Establishing a simple, manageable IT environment is a top priority for most midsized businesses, remote and branch offices, and lines of business within the enterprise. These organizations often have to get by with minimal IT staff and limited resources. Indeed, “difficulty maintaining wide breadth of staff skills and knowledge” was the most frequently cited challenge in the ActualTech survey, with a 45 percent response.

These organizations need solutions that are easy to deploy and manage. They want to take advantage of virtualization to spin up VMs whenever needed for a new initiative, but they also want to avoid VM sprawl that wastes disk space and squanders compute resources. And they want cut back on the proliferation of management tools, which is a symptom of multiple technology silos and platforms that don’t talk to each other.

Hyperconverged infrastructure is very viable way forward, enabling these organizations to cut through IT complexity and tighten up control. Hyperconverged solutions combine bigstock-Businessman-finding-the-soluti-142817585.jpgcompute, storage, and virtualization resources in a single chassis, controlled by a software-defined intelligence layer and a single management interface. The tight integration provides a level of control that’s hard to match with traditional infrastructures.

Your VM vending machine

Consider the HPE Hyper Converged 380 powered by Intel®. This solution puts you in control with proven, best-of-breed technology that builds on the industry standard HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen9 server platform. Built-in enterprise data services ensure data mobility across systems and sites, eliminating data silos. The HPE Hyper Converged 380 integrates easily with systems you already run in your data center, so it won’t itself become another siloed resource that complicates control.

The unified management platform, HPE OneView User Experience (UX), makes it easy for IT generalists to monitor and change the environment, even from a mobile device. HPE OneView UX automates complex tasks that used to require multiple management tools. Adding compute or storage capacity takes just 15 minutes. You can create a new VM with just five simple clicks, and managing VMs is so easy that unruly VM sprawl becomes a thing of the past.

The HPE Hyper Converged 380 also features advanced analytics to help you better plan the use of resources and prevent issues from developing. It simplifies support by giving you a single point of contact for help with HPE hardware and software and VMware environments, as well as proactive advice and rapid response to issues 24x7.

Even better, HPE Hyper Converged 380 puts you in control of your data center’s future with a clear path to Composable Infrastructure, the engine of the fully programmable, next-generation data center.

For more about hyperconvergence, see this short report: The top 10 things you need to consider when buying a hyperconverged infrastructure.

Said

Follow HPE Converged Systems

0 Kudos
About the Author

GuestBloggerCDI

Events
See posts for
dates/locations
HPE at 2018 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2018.
Read more
See posts for dates/locations
Reimagine 2018
Join us at one of the Reimagine 2018 stops and see how we Simplify Hybrid IT, innovate at the Intelligent Edge and bring it all together with HPE Poin...
Read more