Shifting to Software-Defined
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE Hyperconverged Survival Guide: How to Navigate the FUD


bigstock--172729955 (1).jpgGetting through the tough decisions in life would be a whole lot easier if you had a survival guide in hand. The same goes for choosing, implementing, and managing an IT solution, especially when the time comes to choose a new, simpler IT infrastructure solution. There's always a lot of confusing information from different vendors and analyst companies, which can make the entire process much harder and more complex than it needs to be. 

You may have seen a recent blog post where HPE encouraged vendors to start comparing hyperconverged solutions "the apples to apples way." The response has been encouraging – with many vendors, customers, and prospects adding their apples to the mix for a comparison conversation all hyperconverged customers needed. But with an even greater influx of data (or FUD!) coming your way, it's time to summarize some of the facts so the important information you need isn't getting lost in translation. 

Data Protection

In the latest HPE SimpliVity TechValidate data protection survey, 86 percent of HPE SimpliVity customers rate the value of its built-in data protection as a four or above on a scale of one to five (one being least valuable, five being most valuable). And 48 percent of those survey respondents rate the importance of the built-in data protection as a perfect five.

Many of the other hyperconverged vendors do not have built-in data protection; instead, they leverage a third-party solution. This might not be a big deal for some, but it does involve additional costs to purchase and integrate an extra product. With HPE SimpliVity powered by Intel®, you don't need to worry about added costs for data protection and instead can enjoy the simplicity of a built-in solution. In fact, in the same TechValidate survey, 51 percent of customers noted that they retired their third-party backup in favor of HPE SimpliVity’s built-in capabilities. And of the other 49 percent of respondents, 96 percent choose the HPE SimpliVity built-in option as their recovery option of choice – leaving their third-party solution as a plan B.

Seamless Integration with Existing Investments

By definition, hyperconvergence implies compatibility across multiple types and generations of hardware and software. So HPE SimpliVity – like some other hyperconverged solutions ­– was built to give our customers choices, the opportunity to leverage existing infrastructure rather than rip and replace previous investments.  And the technology allows customers to adapt to hardware and software updates and upgrade seamlessly in the future.  

Unlike the other vendors, however, choosing an HPE SimpliVity solution opens up opportunities for our customers to leverage all services and products available in the long-standing, tested and proven enterprise portfolio from HPE that other vendors may lack. Customers receive these benefits plus the assurance that the solution is backed by industry-leading, worldwide support, and partnerships. Don’t take HPE’s word for it, customers like BYU are reaping the benefits of the HPE SimpliVity platform.

Guaranteed Outcomes

A lot of people throw around the phrase, “There’s no such thing as a guarantee.” At HPE, we believe that is not only untrue, but also one of the most important factors to consider. HPE guarantees outcomes for customers in terms of data efficiency, global VM-centric management and mobility, and built-in resiliency, backup, and disaster recovery. Specifically, HPE guarantees customers can:

  • Save 90% on capacity
  • Restore a 1TB VM in under a minute
  • Back up, restore, move, or clone a VM (all from a single console) in only three clicks
  • Create or update backup policies for hundreds of VMs across dozens of sites
  • Add or replace systems without any downtime, disruption, reconfiguration, or IP address re-entry

Now that you have the facts, use this knowledge to ask tough questions of all the vendors you evaluate. This is an important investment for your business, and we want to make sure you find the best fit for your organization. 

Download the TechTarget “Comparing Hyperconverged Infrastructure Options Virtualized Environments” paper here to truly compare vendors the apples to apples way.

In the meantime, stay tuned for more fun stats and performance data from the HPE community!


Follow HPE Composable Infrastructure


About the Author


Converged Infrastructure

June 18 - 20
Las Vegas, NV
HPE Discover 2019 Las Vegas
Learn about all things Discover 2019 in  Las Vegas, Nevada, June 18-20, 2019
Read more
Read for dates
HPE at 2019 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2019.
Read more
View all