Shifting to Software-Defined
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE OneView 3.0 available on HPE ProLiant DL Servers -- not just for HPE BladeSystem anymore

GuestBloggerCDI

20130201_EXPERT_PORTRAIT_JEFF-028.jpgby Jeff Holderfield, Systems Engineer, HPE

Recently my teenage daughter attended her high school homecoming dance.  As a proud father, I posted the obligatory social media pictures of her with her friends before they left.  Afterwards, several of my friends commented on how much she has grown up.

Initially, I was caught off guard by the comments.  Although I see a beautiful young woman in these pictures, part of me will always see her as my little girl in pigtails--running around the house and playing dress up.

From humble beginnings…

Just like the way I think about my daughter, too often we rely on the impressions of the past to influence what we think in regards to a current situation.  HPE OneView could easily fall into that category for you because of its humble beginnings. HPE OneView initially started as a HPE BladeSystem management offering. Over the years, it has matured with additional functionality and expanded to cover a myriad of systems. Now with the release of HPE OneView 3.0, this powerful infrastructure automation engine supports the HPE ProLiant DL 300 and 500 servers, as well as the HPE BladeSystem product lines.  Additionally, HPE OneView continues to add new capabilities with version 3.0 such as integrated remote support automation, an expanded partner ecosystem, the HPE OneView Global Dashboard, and enhancedbigstock-Growing-up-conceptual-vector-i-122945966.jpg firmware and driver support. 

…to driving automation on HPE ProLiant DL servers

What’s really cool for HPE ProLiant DL customers is that the HPE OneView 3.0 release provides local RAID configuration support within the server profile.  A server profile is a software defined server that includes firmware and software driver definition and installation, boot order, BIOS configuration as well as the configuration of the local storage within the selected ProLiant DL server. These added capabilities allow HPE ProLiant DL customers to easily drive automation to the next level. By implementing HPE OneView server profile functionality, an HPE ProLiant DL customer can take a server from bare metal to a fully configured infrastructure as a service (IaaS) foundation for their workloads.

Customers who have been evaluating HPE OneView 3.0 are seeing a savings of 15 minutes per server by being able to configure the RAID controller via the server profile. One customer is estimating that they will save over 100 man hours in their upcoming production deployment schedule due to this one capability alone. That’s a huge time and money savings.

As I look back over the past two years and see how HPE OneView has quickly matured, and like my daughter, I can’t help but feel a sense of pride. HPE OneView is becoming a truly amazing infrastructure automation engine.

For more information on how HPE OneView can be your infrastructure automation engine, go to hpe.com/info/OneView or download your 60-day HPE OneView trial here.

Jeff

Follow HPE Converged Systems

0 Kudos
About the Author

GuestBloggerCDI

Events
See posts for
dates/locations
HPE at 2018 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2018.
Read more
See posts for dates/locations
Reimagine 2018
Join us at one of the Reimagine 2018 stops and see how we Simplify Hybrid IT, innovate at the Intelligent Edge and bring it all together with HPE Poin...
Read more