Shifting to Software-Defined
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have no fear, HPE is here to help you with collaboration

AlisonGolan

By guest blogger, Norma McKinney, Product Manager of Unified Communication & Collaboration (UC&C)

bigstock-business-people-cooperation--82700663.jpg

About two months ago, I started a new role within HPE as the Product Manager for our Collaboration workload products. The Collaboration group at HPE includes the Microsoft technologies of Exchange, SharePoint and Skype for Business. In my new role, I get to work with our engineering team who create the HPE Collaboration Reference Architectures, HPE Reference Configurations and HPE Sizers that help our customers determine the best HPE technologies for their infrastructure. It’s pretty cool work.

Over the last couple of months, we’ve released new technical whitepapers for Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Skype for Business in the HPE Reference Architecture Library. These whitepapers capture best practices and provide detailed configuration, sizing, bill of material and details that help guide our customers through a deployment or give design considerations when looking at collaboration products. For example, one of our HPE Reference Configuration documents walks you through what you need to consider when migrating from Lync 2013 to Skype for Business 2015. Another whitepaper with Exchange walks you through performance.

In addition to the HPE Reference Architectures and HPE Reference Configurations, we’ve also released updates to our Exchange 2016 and Skype for Business Sizers. The HPE Sizer is a great automated tool that HPE created to assist you in a creating a bill of material to aid you in infrastructure planning and budgetary guidance.

Our team has also created a fact sheet to accompany the architecture and configuration whitepapers--a one page document that gives you an at-a-glance view of all of the important information from that whitepaper; it’s also a great companion document as you decide on your collaboration infrastructure.

As more HPE Reference Architectures, HPE Sizers and HPE Reference Configurations are released, we will continue to update the library with relevant information. I suggest you bookmark the library, and before you begin thinking about a Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint or Microsoft Skype for Business project, check to see if there is an HPE Reference Architecture, HPE Reference Configuration or HPE Sizer that meets your needs.

You can find the fact sheet, HPE Sizers along with the HPE Reference Architectures and HPE Configurations in our HPE Reference Architecture Library.

Alison

Follow HPE Converged Systems

0 Kudos
About the Author

AlisonGolan

Events
Nov 27 - 29
Madrid, Spain
HPE Discover 2018 Madrid
Learn about all things HPE Discover 2018 in Madrid, Spain, 27 - 29 November, 2018.
Read more
See posts for
dates/locations
HPE at 2018 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2018.
Read more