108811 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: About default route in SDN

morland
Occasional Contributor

About default route in SDN

Hi guys,

I'm using HP 2920 as my SDN switch.

In my topo, controller and host are in different VLANs.  But host cannot ping the gateway of his VLAN, what should I do to fix it?

And by the way, what if I want to let host connect the controller? Like some static routes? Host and controller are in different subnet and VLANs now

1 REPLY 1
ShaunWackerly
HPE Pro

Re: About default route in SDN

Hi morland,

I think we'll need a little more information about the setup. For instance, is the 2920 the gateway or is that another switch? Also, is this operating in hybrid mode (not sure if this is the same setup as your other question or not)?

Any further information you can give about the setup would help us dig into this issue. It is most likely a misconfiguration, but I'd need more info about the configuration in order to identify where it is misconfigured.

One key experiment would be to disable OpenFlow, then determine whether the host can ping the gateway. If the host can ping the gateway with OpenFlow disabled, then it would be an OpenFlow configuration issue. If the host cannot ping the gateway, then the misconfiguration would likely be with static routes.

Shaun

I am an HPE Employee