New Discussion юеВ

Aruba 2930F meter burst parameter

SOLVED
Go to solution
EnasAhmad
Frequent Advisor

Aruba 2930F meter burst parameter

Hi,

I am using 2930F switch, and I am wondering if it supports the burst flag in its meters? it seems that only the kbps (0x0001) and pps (0x0002) are supported. If so, what is the default burst value used? I am doing fine grained measurements so the burst parameter could have a big effect.

Thanks,

Enas

P.S.: I think there is a bug in the meter statistics that are displayed by "sh openflow inst <inst name> meters", which is worth looking into. If I delete a meter and recreate it again (with the same meter ID), all meter statistics will reset to zero correctly, however, once I start sending traffic into the meter, the previous values from the old meter are used again and the new traffic is incremented to those values. Only a full reboot of the switch will force the meters to start from zero again.

6 REPLIES 6
Abhay_B
Valued Contributor

Re: Aruba 2930F meter burst parameter

Hello Enas,

None of the Aruba switches including the 2930F support OpenFlow meters with burst flag.

I will have to check on the default burst value used in the switch.

Thank you for pointing out the bug related to meter statistics not being flushed post a meter deletion and re-creation. We will take a look at that and get it fixed in a subsequent release of the firmware.

Thanks!

Abhay

EnasAhmad
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Abhay,

Ok, I will be waiting for your reply regarding the burst value.

Enas

EnasAhmad
Frequent Advisor

Hi Abhay,

Any updates on the default burst value ?

Thanks,

Enas

Abhay_B
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hello Enas,

I checked with the ASIC team and they clarified that the burst value of any given meter will be decided based on the rates defined for the various bands of the meter. So, any 2 meters with different band rates will not have the same burst values associated with it.

As a thumb rule, the burst value for any band is set as 1/8th of the corresponding band rate.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Abhay

EnasAhmad
Frequent Advisor

Yes that is very useful.

Thanks Abhay,

Enas

Abhay_B
Valued Contributor

Hello Enas,

Can you please mark the query as solved so that it helps others in the forum who have the same queries.

Thanks!

Abhay