Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Create Qos Queues for SDN controller to use

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

Create Qos Queues for SDN controller to use

Hi, Community!

I have been tasked to create QoS queues on a HP 5130 switch. In particular, such queues must be able to limit the bandwitdh (e.g., min and max rate limit) rate and they must be available to the SDN-controller so that it can choose which "queue-id" to use/apply during a communication between two hosts.

After reading the ACL and QoS Command Reference, I see that I must perform these steps to configure the HP switch:

• Create a QoS Classifier
  • Create a QoS Behavior
  • Create a QoS Policy using the QoS Classifier and QoS Behavior
  • Apply the QoS Policy to a interface (>>>>that is the step I have a question about)

How its possible to *not* apply a QoS queue to an interface in advance, and rather just make the queues available to be used by the controller? In other words, what I really need to do is to create, e.g., two queues (Q1=min of 5Mbps and max of 8Mbps; Q2=min and max of 2Mbs) and just let them available to the controller so that it can just "see" all the queue-ids, pick one and then apply it?

(ps.: any tips of how to create the two queues above properly and make their "queue-id's" visible to the SDN controller would be very, very aprecciated, cause I have been struggling to perform this task as well)

Regards,