Software Defined Networking
1748089 Members
4919 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Failed application install on VAN 2.5 - App could not be verified: Unsigned file

RocTec
Occasional Advisor

Failed application install on VAN 2.5 - App could not be verified: Unsigned file

I am getting the following error when trying to install Flowmaker from the VAN Apps menu

App could not be verified: Unsigned file flowmaker-ui-1.1.1.war

Server Error – 400: Bad Request
URL: rs/hpws/com.northboundnetworks.sdn.app.flowmaker/download
View ID: apps
Type: error

I have tried uploading and this hasnt worked either. I am running
VAN 2.5 and Ubuntu 14.4 Server LTS.

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Carlos
Frequent Advisor

Re: Failed application install on VAN 2.5 - App could not be verified: Unsigned file

Roc,

Thank you for contacting the HP SDN Forum. The HP SDN Controller is not supported on Ubuntu 14.x. This information is found on page 7 of the HP SDN Controller and Application Support Matrix:

1.2.1.1 Software you must install before you begin the controller installation process

Operating system: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit Server

Supported hypervisors (if operating system is run on a virtual machine):

KVM Version 2.4.5-1 and greater

ESXi Versions 5.0.0 and greater

Here is the link where you can download the HP SDN Controller Matrix PDF:

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=6898337&docId=emr_na-c04219768&docLocale=en_US

Best Regards,

Carlos

CoE SDN Team

Jaap Laaij
Frequent Advisor

Re: Failed application install on VAN 2.5 - App could not be verified: Unsigned file

Hi,

I have installed HP VAN SDN controiller installed on:

- Ubuntu 12.04TLS

- Hypervisor VMsphere ESXi v6.0

Getting the same error.

Any ideas?

Greetz Jaap

piricchio72
Valued Contributor

Hello,

You can disable jar-signing validation.Below the steps to perform on the controller:

1. Use the following command to stop the SDN Controller:

sudo service sdnc stop

2. Modify the /opt/sdn/virgo/bin/dmk.sh script to add the following option to the list of

JMX_OPTS:

-Dsdn.signedJar=none

For example:

cd $KERNEL_HOME; exec $JAVA_EXECUTABLE \

$JAVA_OPTS \

$DEBUG_OPTS \

$JMX_OPTS \

-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError \

-XX:ErrorFile=$KERNEL_HOME/serviceability/error.log \

-XX:HeapDumpPath=$KERNEL_HOME/serviceability/heap_dump.hprof \

-Dsdn.signedJar=none \

-Djava.security.auth.login.config=$AUTH_LOGIN \

-Dorg.eclipse.virgo.kernel.authentication.file=$AUTH_FILE \

3. Start the SDN Controller:

sudo service sdnc start

To enable jar-signing validation, remove the line containing the -Dsdn.signedJar=none option

from the /opt/sdn/virgo/bin/dmk.sh script and restart the controller

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Antonio

eject

I had the same error as topic starter, after changing sdnsignedJar=none and restarting service I'm getting other error:

Error uploading application archive;cause: No artifacts found
Server Error – 500: Internal Server Error
URL: rs/apps
View ID: apps
Type: error

I was able to deploy com.hp.networkvisualizer_v1.0.7.1499 application, but hp-net-protector-1.3.53-x64 and hp-net-optimizer-v1.3.41-x64 I'm not able to upload.

SDN Controller Version: 2.5.20.1227

ncruz

This is also happening to me.

piricchio72
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Can you confirm versions of controller and applications?

Regards,

Antonio

SDN Team

ShaunWackerly
HPE Pro

I have tried the solution that Antonio posted above (adding "-Dsdn.signedJar=none") and it worked for me. Perhaps the submitter could try this and confirm whether it works for them too?

I am an HPE Employee
SDN_by_HU
Occasional Visitor

I had the same issue and adding that line helped with Flow maker, but must insure it's in the correct form, making sure of Spaces and adding \ to the end and etc... in short it's very case sensetive.

and having the same error as eject

it says:

"Error uploading application archive;cause: No matching artifact for: /opt/sdn/virgo/work/tmp/app-temp7934582140854590873/unzip/ServerLoadBalancer/LoadBalancer.war"

Server Error – 500: Internal Server Error

anyone have a solution ?