1752725 Members
6007 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

MAC, IP & TCP/UDP with flow entries

3wizard
Occasional Contributor

MAC, IP & TCP/UDP with flow entries

When HP VAN controller add flow entries in flow table, reactively. It only use MAC address in match field.
Now I want to see MAC, IP address and TCP/UDP in switch's flow tables. How do I push the flow entry with MAC, IP & TCP/UDP in HP 5900's flow tables.

4 REPLIES 4
ShaunWackerly
HPE Pro

Re: MAC, IP & TCP/UDP with flow entries

Do you get the IP fields included when you set the "layer3.forward" setting to 'true' in the PathDaemon configuration?

I am an HPE Employee
3wizard
Occasional Contributor

Hi Expert,
After modify the setting to true in the PathDaemon configuration I can't still get the TCP/UDP port in flow entries. if the controller add TCP/UDP field reactively, I'd like to get how to do it.
Best Regards,
ShaunWackerly
HPE Pro

My apologies, it looks like having the "layer3.forward" setting enabled, it will only include the IPv4 source and IPv4 destination addresses in the forwarding flow-mod that gets pushed in response to a forwarded packet. From what I see, there is no code in the PathDaemon controller application (which paves paths by default) which will push flows which include TCP/UDP port numbers. If you'd want this kind of forwarding, you'd need to write a custom application that does include those fields in the forwarding decision.

I am an HPE Employee
sdnindia
Trusted Contributor

Hello 3wizard,

Doing a follow up to check if you need any further assistance with respect to the query posted.
Please do let us know  if your problem is solved.

If you have more questions on the same topic please do reply on the same thread or open a new post if new topic.

Thanks
HP SDN Team