108789 Solutions
New Discussion

OpenFlow 1.3 on Hp VAN SDN Controller v2.0

SOLVED
Go to solution
spankalish
Advisor

OpenFlow 1.3 on Hp VAN SDN Controller v2.0

I can't seem to get my OVS version 2.2 to forward flows I am using the following script

payload05='{ "flow": { "priority": 30000,
                                            "idle_timeout":120,
                                            "table_id":202,
                                            "match": [{"eth_type":"ipv4"},
                                                                {"ipv4_src":"10.0.0.1"},
                                                                {"ipv4_dst":"10.0.0.15"},
                                                                {"ip_proto":"tcp"},
                                                                {"tcp_dst": "80"}],
                                            "instructions":[{"apply_actions":[{"output":3}]}]
}}'

The flows show up on the controller when I go to openflow monitor, but when I use the follow flow in the topology section, on the switch details the outport does not display and the flow stops at this switch and does not continue. Why is this? Am I doing something wrong? Any help on this?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19
piricchio72
Valued Contributor

Re: OpenFlow 1.3 on Hp VAN SDN Controller v2.0

Hello,

Do you have a host with IP 10.0.0.15 actually connected to port 3 of your switch?

Regards,

Antonio

SDN Team

spankalish
Advisor

No it's connected to a switch. This is the network topology as seen on the controller. This is using OF 1.0.

spankalish
Advisor

This is switch 5 using OF 1.3 and the flow in the table. No OF seems to be running through the switch at all when it is enbaled to OF1.3. I don't know if it is the switch's fault or the controller that is not compatible.  Also I have tried table 200. I am new so openflow and as far as I know from table 200 up is software based tables.

piricchio72
Valued Contributor

Hello,

are you using Mininet, right?

Which topology are you building?

are other DPIDs showing same flow?

Regards,

Antonio

SDN Team

piricchio72
Valued Contributor

Hello,

which version of the controller are you running?

Regards,

Antoino

SDN Team

spankalish
Advisor

Version 2.0 of controller, version 2.2 of ovs
spankalish
Advisor

I am building a custom topology using python. I can send you the script if you like.
piricchio72
Valued Contributor

hello,

Yes, please.

I would suggest you to test the same script against version 2.4.6 of the controller.

This the latest public version available and the one I'm going to test your script.

If you prefer ,you can send me the script as a privat message.

Regards,

Antonio

spankalish
Advisor

I tried the 2.4.6 version of the controller and the links are going crazy, even with openflow 1.0. Links are going up and down, connecting to the wrong switchs. Version 2.0 of the controller seems to be the only version that works