1748019 Members
4472 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SDN controller not showing Summary, ports , flows and groups of switch

JsJs
Occasional Contributor

SDN controller not showing Summary, ports , flows and groups of switch

Hi, I am using Open vSwitch 2.4.0 and HP SDN VAN Controller 2.4.5. I can see the datapath of the virtual switch in the OpenFlow Monitor section in UI. Once I select the virtual switche's datapath, I am not seeing the manufacturer details of the switch. When I am navigating through the ports , flows and groups I am getting 'Waiting time out response' error and nothing is showing there. I noticed that the controller is fetching details of upto 150 tables only rom the swicth. Can anyone help me in this ? Why is it not showing any manufacturer details, port detail, flows and groups of the switch, eventhough it discovers the switch and shows it in topology ?

2 REPLIES 2
JsJs
Occasional Contributor

Re: SDN controller not showing Summary, ports , flows and groups of switch

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why the controller not showing flow tables ? If the switch contains large number of flow tables, will the controller not display anything. I tried couple of other switches connected to controller which contains less than 100 flow tables and the controller displayed all details. 

Regards,

JsJs

ShaunWackerly
HPE Pro

Re: SDN controller not showing Summary, ports , flows and groups of switch

Hey JsJs,

When you click the "Flows" tab, the controller will issue a request to the switch to get the current flow table statistics. In an environment where the switch is responding with lots of flows (or lots of tables) that response time may exceed the controller's default timeout.

Have you tried this on a more recent version of the controller? The 2.7 version was just released. With 150 tables, how many flows are in each table? I know that the controller will populate the pipeline so that each table contains a 'goto <next>' flow, but I'm not sure how many others you've got populated.

It may also be helpful to try using the "OpenFlow Trace" tab. Just start the trace, click over to the problematic "Flows" datapath and hit the failure, then come back to the OpenFlow Trace tab to stop it. That should show the controller's interaction with the switch, and possibly how the timeout was hit.

I am an HPE Employee