Software Defined Networking
1751875 Members
5169 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Unable to launch HP VAN SDN Controller via Browser. Getting Apache Tomcat Error (404)

SOLVED
Go to solution
RakeshRajakumar
Occasional Contributor

Unable to launch HP VAN SDN Controller via Browser. Getting Apache Tomcat Error (404)

Unable to launch HP VAN SDN Controller via Browser. Getting Apache Tomcat Error (404).

Installed HP VAN SDN Controller (2.5) on Ubuntu (12.04 LTS server).

When tried to connect to the SDN controller via the Mozialla firefox browser . We are getting the Apache Tomcat error , although JDK/JRE  is installed. We could also see the SDN controller running on the ubuntu server (sudo service sdnc status).

Request to provide inputs on the same. Please let me know, if anything else is needed from my end

2 REPLIES 2
ShaunWackerly
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Unable to launch HP VAN SDN Controller via Browser. Getting Apache Tomcat Error (404)

Hi Rakesh,

The logs in /var/log/sdn/virgo/logs/log.log will record any issues that the SDNC process encounters as it initializes, so that would be the place to look for issues that may be causing this condition. Just to confirm, did you follow the steps described in the VAN SDN Controller guide? (link below)

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c05028139

Shaun

I am an HPE Employee
RakeshRajakumar
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Shaun for the inputs, we are now able to log into the SDN controller via the browser . Also the network topology created via Mininet is visible on the SDN controller .