1748089 Members
4927 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Which dpctl is used by the HP's Openflow Administrator Guide

morland
Occasional Contributor

Which dpctl is used by the HP's Openflow Administrator Guide

I'm using HP 2920 now, and following HP's Guide :   https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=1827663&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c04943224

In this guide, dpctl is been used but the syntax is different with my version, like this one:

dpctl tcp:20.0.0.1:6633 port-desc

Where can I download this dpctl?

I used dpctl which from CPqD but it always return error: unexpected end of file, how can I fix it. I already set both controller, and listen port in switch. Ryu controller can works, but dpctl can not works in a same machine.

3 REPLIES 3
ShaunWackerly
HPE Pro

Re: Which dpctl is used by the HP's Openflow Administrator Guide

Hi morland,

I'm not sure which version of dpctl was used to generate the documentation, but I did visit the following URL:

https://github.com/CPqD/ofsoftswitch13/wiki/Dpctl-Documentation

There it says that the command syntax is as follows:

dpctl [OPTIONS] SWITCH COMMAND [ARG...]

With tcp:HOST[:PORT] being a valid option for SWITCH and port-desc being a valid option for COMMAND (see here), I'm not understanding why you'd observe a failure. Maybe you could post the full command output?

Shaun

I am an HPE Employee
morland
Occasional Contributor

Should I do any config to use dpctl?

I already used a controller to control switch, and I add a listen port for switch, to enable dpctl.

But when I try any command it just faild.

ShaunWackerly
HPE Pro

Hi morland,

If you're getting an "error: unexpected end of file" error like you described previously, then I think that would be an error on the dpctl side, not on the switch side (it doesn't appear to even be attempting to reach the switch).

I'm not very experienced with dpctl, so perhaps someone else could provide assistance?

Shaun

I am an HPE Employee