1753569 Members
5755 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: sudo apt-get -f install ERROR

Xavi17

sudo apt-get -f install ERROR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaBSHna8v4E&t=337s

following these videos step by step, however when i do the sudo apt-get -f install 

it goes through the install but ends with 

Done!

Failed to start sdnc.service: unit sdnc.service not found.

does anyone know what the issue can be?

4 REPLIES 4
Scott_Koster
Advisor

Hello,

I'm suspecting you've attempted to install on a version of Ubuntu other than 14.04 LTS.   For reference, here is a link to the installation manual as well, chapter 3 includes the steps for configuring on Ubuntu. 

VAN SDN Installation Guide

I just installed using this guide on a fully updated version of 14.04 LTS and it was successful.   I used VAN SDN version 2.7.18. 

Cheers,

-Scott

Scott Koster | Technical Marketing Engineer
HPE Aruba
nitinnanda

Hi Team,

Does that mean VAN controller is not supported on any release beyond 14.04 (including 15/16.04 etc.)?

Please confirm.

Thanks & Regards

nitinnanda

Dear Team,

Please suggest a workaround (controller upgrade patch or something?) if there is any?i am using Ubuntu 16.04LTS. i am using 2.7.18.

Thanks again!

ShaunWackerly
HPE Pro

Hi nitinnanda,

As documented in the HPE VAN SDN Controller and Applications Support Matrix document:

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c05040231

you'll notice that on page 7 under "Software Requirements" it states that Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit Server is the supported operating system when installing the debian package directly (ie: not virtual appliance). 

At this point, there is no controller upgrade patch, since our latest release supports 14.04 LTS only. If this is not acceptable, could you give us an explanation of why you Ubuntu 14.04 LTS is not sufficient?

Shaun

I am an HPE Employee