Software - General
1753734 Members
4685 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Useful software to detect live IP-Addresses in private network?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ulf_K
Advisor

Useful software to detect live IP-Addresses in private network?

Greetings forum,

In my network, I have a number of (HP) workstations, a HP 1920-48G switche with 4 lines configured as a trunk between them. In the other end of the trunk in the basement, another 1920-48G and two Proliant Servers, ML350pG8 and ML310eG8V2 running. When reconfiguring iLO4 to use fixed IP-addresses and then trying to verify that they are correct and can be detected, I have used "Angry IP-Scanner", a free software to detect them. However - when starting a scan, the software does not return any ping results. The main server has three shared disk arrays visible and accessable from each workstation on the top floor. I can also log-in to iLO and check the status from them.

Either, there is a setting that I have missed in the switches, or in the software.

Comments invited.

Ulf Kylenfall

1 REPLY 1
Parvez_Admin
Community Manager
Solution

Re: Useful software to detect live IP-Addresses in private network?

Hello @Ulf_K 

HPE Networking forum has moved. For HPE networking and Aruba product queries, request you to visit and post your query in the Aruba Airheads Community using the link below:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/discussion

You can refer to the below link aswell for more details:

HPE Networking forum migration to Aruba Airheads c... - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Community

Thanks,
Parvez_Admin
I work for HPE
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
CM_Cert_Logo_Color.png