1753284 Members
5418 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: DAC Support On MSA 2040

roopeess

DAC Support On MSA 2040

Hi,

We have purchased MSA 2040 SAN with DAC cables. But MSA is not supporting DAC. I talked with HP Support and they upgraded firmware to GL105P001-03 still the problem is same. What will the host parameters that will support DAC cables?

Regards,

Rupesh

3 REPLIES 3
StephenWagner7
Frequent Advisor

Rupesh,

I'm actually getting a new MSA 2040 today and will be using 4 DAC Cables and 4 iSCSI SFPs.

Once it comes in, I'll get it configured and let you know how to do it.

I could be wrong, but I think you have to choose what mode to set the "Converged Network Ports", but I'll post when I know for sure.

Stephen

StephenWagner7
Frequent Advisor

Hi Rupesh,

I just received and configured my MSA 2040 (forgive me, this is the first)...

In my case, I updated the firmware first. After doing that, the DAC cables just worked right off the get go. Keep in mind I have 4 iSCSI 1gb SFPs loaded in to the first 2 ports of controller a, and first 2 ports of controller b, but keep in mind I'm NOT using this, and they don't have anything plugged in.

I'm only using, and I've only configured ports 3 and 4 in controllers a and b.

Just a quick question, are you using HP DAC cables (specified in the quick specs)?

Also, how was this unit configured before you tried the DACs? Inside of the web management interface, when you go to configure the host interfaces, does it ask for an IP address for each port on both controller? Or is there any mention of Fiber Channel?

I'll do my best to help you out here.

Cali
Honored Contributor

You know that:

SFP in Host Port 1 must match SFP in Host Port 2
SFP in Host Port 3 must match SFP in Host Port 4

and DAC is only for 10GB not 1GB or 8/16GB FC.

You dont give any Information about where it is connectet to.

Is it a Switch or a NIC and witch Product?

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.