4971 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Insight Control Storage Module for vCenter not connecting to P2000

bronocode
Occasional Visitor

HP Insight Control Storage Module for vCenter not connecting to P2000

Hi,

I'm trying to install the storage works plugin for vmware on my vCenter server.  When I try to connect to the array, it keeps giving me the error 

Error occurred while retrieving managed arrays of type HP_P2000 with parameters hostname: *IP ADDRESS* Username: manage com.hp.asi.core.api.array.ArrayCommunicationException: Unable to Authenticate. Please Check the supplied Credentials. A possible reason could be the user permission in the MSA management interface may be missing the SMIS permission. Please verify this permission and try again

I've verified the username and I've also tried the IP of the second controller.  I've logged into the utility for the P2000 and could not find anything in relation to SMIS.  Windows Firewall is off on the server.  Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

P.S. This thread has been moved from ProLiant Storage Systems to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business) - Hp Forum Moderator

8 REPLIES 8
Jags_21
HPE Pro

Hi,

Assuming below scenarios, check if the below steps resolve:

• Insight Control vCenter supports firmware discovery only on ESXi hosts that have the HP ESXi offline bundle for VMware installed. The ESXi user name and password are required for communication with CIM providers.

Suggested action: Verify that the HP ESXi offline bundle is installed for all ESXi hosts.

• Multiple credentials for iLO or the Onboard Administrator in the Insight Control for vCenter password database can cause Insight Control for vCenter to function unpredictably. Entering credentials with a new user name and then clicking Save in the Host Properties page or the Cluster Properties page adds a new set of credentials for that host.

Suggested action: If a configuration has multiple credentials per host, remove the duplicates:

1. Select HomeтЖТHP Insight Software.
  2. Delete all duplicate entries from the database.
  3. Click Save.
  4. Select StartтЖТControl PanelтЖТAdministrative ToolsтЖТServices, and then restart the Insight Control for vCenter service.

Suggested action: If a user name credential for a host is incorrect, change the user name:

1. Select HomeтЖТHP Insight Software.
  2. Locate the entry for the host with the incorrect user name, and then enter the correct user name.
  3. Click Save.
  4. Select StartтЖТControl PanelтЖТAdministrative ToolsтЖТServices, and then restart the Insight Control for vCenter service.
  • Insight Control for vCenter cannot communicate with a node if proxy authentication is required to reach the node.

Suggested action: Disable the proxy setting to enable Insight Control for vCenter to communicate with the node.

Thanks,

-----------

If you like this post please click on the "KUDOS White Star" on the left pane of this post

Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

SebastianValdes

I still have the same problem.
MorseMike

I too am having this problem trying to get insight control v7 configured.  Anyone been able to figure this issue out?

Riccardof
Occasional Visitor

I am also experiencing the same issue. Have any of the above found a resolution?

thomas_196
Occasional Advisor

Hi

You probably need to enable user access control for SMI-S, here is a link to P2000 G3 SMU http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02520791/c02520791.pdf

Have a look at Page 45 it talks about SMI-S and modifiing user accounts. By the way, what type of P2000 is it? there is many variants of the MSA2000/P2000 and the older versions might need an SMI-S proxy to function propoerly.

Here is a link to the SMi-S proxy for the P2000 G2 for example

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=3971510&swItem=MTX-6d3a003a572f4374a4b57119d4&prodNameId=3957474&swEnvOID=4024&swLang=8&mode=4&idx=2

Tom

Same problem here, using vCenter 4.1, Insight Control 7.0 and MSA 2324i (MSA2000 G3). SMI-S enabled.

Ro_3010

After enabling SMI-S what's the error you get?

Did you enable also CLI access role to the user account you use to establish the connection?

skrbnik
Occasional Visitor

Thank you thomas_196 for you comments.

In my case I have a MSA2040. I don't know why but by default nor the user "manage" nor "monitor" had this permissions set. So from the "HP MSA 2040 SMU Reference Guide" page 164:

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/550046/Hewlett-Packard-Msa-2040.html?page=164

I found the command to set persmission to users via cli:

To configure the SMI-S interface for other users:
1. Log in as manage
2. If the user does not already exist, create one using this command:
create user level manage username
3. Type this command:
set user username interfaces wbi,cli,smis,ftp

After that I could add the MSA storage to "HP Insight Control Storage Module for vCenter".

I hope this will be helpfull for the people.

Thank you