5472 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

MPX110 not working using for remote replication of EVA 4100

Syedfurquan
Trusted Contributor

MPX110 not working using for remote replication of EVA 4100

Hello,

I am using EVA4100 with continous data replication between my production & DR site. Teh fc connectivity from EVA is going to SAN and MPX110 Distance gateway is connected with fc on teh same SAN. From fc MPX110 is converting to ethernet IP and through Nortel switch, cisco Router reaching to DR EVA. Now my concerned is we have two MPX110 each at production and DR site.

When I check the configuration status of MPX it is showing me one MPX status as:

"FCIP Interface status Enabled" & "FCIP Link status up" on 1 MPX at production and on other MPX at production teh status is "FCIP Interace Status Enabled" & "FCIP Link Status Down". Also the LED status of Fibre channel port on 1st MPX is TOP (Activity) Middle (Link) LED is up  while on other MPX Middle (Link) & Bottom (FAULT) LED is glowing which clearly states the other MPX is not working.

I tried whatever the possibility I can do from my side but not able to resolve the issue.

Apprecaite any help on this.

Regards,

Regards,
Syed
11 REPLIES 11
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: MPX110 not working using for remote replication of EVA 4100

So it sounds to me like one of the MPX110 pairs are not working? Or is your replication not working at all?

Are they using the same physical link as the other MPXs? If not, you can check the status of that link. 

You can log on to both MPXs and check more detailed status.

Syedfurquan
Trusted Contributor

Hi Johan

Thanks for the reply. Yes one of my Mpx pair is not working. My replication is working fine on other pair of mpx.

Yes they are using the same physical link.

I have login on both mpx and it is showing me FCIP link status as down on one pair of MPX. I tried replacing the fc cables, sfp but nothing work. I think I am missing somewhere configuration because it is showing same FCIP link as down on one pair of MPX at production and DR site.
Regards,
Syed
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hm. But if the FC link between the MPX and a SAN-switch is down on both sides yes it sounds like it could be intentional, perhaps there is a configuration issue on the SAN-switch or the MPX? Perhaps the ports are disabled?

If the MPX both use the same link (and one MPX can max out the link) then I don't see why you want to have two MPX up at the same time? 

Syedfurquan
Trusted Contributor

Fc ports are enabled on the mpx at both end but on one mpx fc link is down. I don't think it is intentional because if it is intentional then why to use 2mpx when 1 need to be down.

I am concerned because recently other mpx got hardware issue and failed and because of that replication stopped. Since we have 2mpx and still the link goes down which should not happen because we have redundant mpx.
Regards,
Syed
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

OK. What about logs on the MPX or SAN-switch. Perhaps there are some clues there. Port settings. What if you grab the whole config of all the MPX, and then compare them. Maybe you can run a diff between them and see if there is something different.
Syedfurquan
Trusted Contributor

I checked all the logs on MPX. The only difference I found is the pair of mpx which is working is having "FC Link Status UP" and the MPX pair which is down is having "FC Link Status Down".

I tried to go through the supportshow O/P of SAN switch but could not find anything.

Regards,
Syed
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Also the config of the MPX is all the same (hopefully with different IP addresses)?
Syedfurquan
Trusted Contributor

Yes confiig is same for all with different IP address.

Atatching some O/P from all 4 MPX for your reference. Please let me know if you required any other details to look into the issue.

Regards,
Syed
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Hi, so mpx_pr-23.txt is one pair and mpx_pr-24.txt is the other pair?

If so, the settings are different between them.

As far as I can tell, both the link on the FC and GbE side are UP. So hopefully it's just a configuration issue.

Is software version the same between the pairs?

Anyway, do you have some sort of user-guide or guidelines for how the MPX should be configured to get this working? Looked in the HP SAN Design Reference Guide or other manuals?