MSA Storage
1753360 Members
4997 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

P2000 trying to set "no access" to vdisk - results in LUN zero is reserved....error

david hood_2
Occasional Contributor

P2000 trying to set "no access" to vdisk - results in LUN zero is reserved....error

Hi

sorry i'm a bit of a newbie at this - we have a p2000 G2 Sas san. I'm trying to set "no access" to a volume to a host, but when i try that i get "Unable to modify the host mapping", with the details of: "LUN zero is reserved as the SCC/SES device on this host. (%a) - The LUN specified (0) must be in the range of 1-1023".

I've attached a screenshot.  I am trying to set the host04-1e and host04-2e to "no access".

The error message seems to moan about "lun 0" but i have  "3" set in the box. I dont even understand why it needs a lun really if it is to be set to noaccess  ;-)

I've also tried it from the CLI but get a similar error:

Error: Lun Zero is reserved as the SCC/SEC device on this host. 

I think i'm doing something really daft, or i am missing something very obvious indeed.

Any help apprecaited!

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Re: P2000 trying to set "no access" to vdisk - results in LUN zero is reserved....error

Every volume that you create on the SAN will have a LUN number starting at 1 (I think)

Going by your screenshot you seem to have your LUN3 volume explicitly mapped to lots of different hosts.
You can't do this unless you are using 'cluster aware' operating systems.

What operating systems are using the SAN?

Thanks,

Mark...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)
david.hood

Re: P2000 trying to set "no access" to vdisk - results in LUN zero is reserved....error

hi mark

its a 2008 r2 hyper-v cluster.

thanks

dave