5390 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Password recovery string on SAN Switch 4/8

BR844575
Advisor

Mrikko hi,

yes, you have to log into brocade partner to access the tool.
Send me a blank email to oreste.majeli@panacea-services.co.uk and I will send you back the tool.

rgds,
Oreste
Mikko Rinne
Occasional Advisor

Hi Oreste,

Oki I sent the plank email a few minutes back.
BR844575
Advisor

here you go mikko,

rgds,
O
Mikko Rinne
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Orenje,

Unfortunatly we have the same problem with both of the switches; So basicly we can't access neither of them and run this script.

Any other ideas?
BR844575
Advisor

mikko hi,

if you can get hold of a brocade/hp switch you can connect it to your existing switches and use the script to reset the password otherwise you will have to open a call with HP and get them to do it.

As you are switches are out of warranty HP will probably charge it for it. Pls see below email hp sent one of my customer to reset the password for out of warranty mcdata switches.

rgds,
Oreste

Hello,
Please find the pricing to effect repairs on this case.
├В┬г165 per hour (minimum 2 hours billed) during normal office hours.
Parts will be charged at the prevailing rate as used.

All prices plus vat.

To progress this case you can e-mail your purchase order document to trade.admin@hp.com or fax to 017937 17076.

The purchase order document should contain the case reference, confirmation that you accept the charges allowing up to ├В┬г2000 for parts and labour, UK invoice address, company registration number and VAT number.

A copy of the terms and condition that apply to this quote can be supplied upon request.

If no payment details have been received within 14 days this case will be closed. You may open another support case by calling 0870 842 2339 at any time.
Mikko Rinne
Occasional Advisor

Hm - just to be sure; Which type of switches can be connected to Brocade 200E? And by connecting you mean what exactly (in which way)?

We do have a lot of normal HP switches in the same datacenter, so if those are valid.. :P

Sorry for asking this, but I'd just want to be sure. :)
BR844575
Advisor

all brocade switches can be connected together using an isl.
Basically you connect one fibre from one switch to another.

Before doing that you have to make sure that the domain id is unique, the PID is the same, and that the zoning of the new switch you are attaching to the 4/8 is off

then you use the script to reset the password.

hope it helps,

rgds,
Oreste

Mikko Rinne
Occasional Advisor

So basicly what you are saying, is that we can hookup any normal HP switch with a fiber connector to HP StorageWorks 4/8 SAN switches, make a connection to our normal HP and use the script? It would sound a bit silly, if you can really do that, since it would be a security risk.
BR844575
Advisor

mikko,

I dont make the rules, this is what is required, according the brocade website and the password reset tool

Your other alternative is to get HP to do it but as your switches are out of warrany they will charge you for this.

best regards,
Oreste
MattKing

I am also trying to reset my password on a 4/8 san and do not have a brocade account. I do have the string from the console