5899 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

After changed the HBA card We are not Able to see SAN drives on Server

Agha Nawaz
Advisor

After changed the HBA card We are not Able to see SAN drives on Server

Hi All,

Recently we replaced our HBA card on one of our server and defined new host with new WWN and mapped to 2nd node in SAN console but still we are not able to see SAN drives on cluster node2. node1 is fine we can see all the drives.

HP Storageworks P2000 G3

can anyone please tell us what could be the reason.

Thanks,

Ali

2 REPLIES 2
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: After changed the HBA card We are not Able to see SAN drives on Server

You wrote you "...defined new host with new WWN..." I assume you meant defined on the P2000? How are the servers connected to the P2000? I also assume you have SAN Fabric switches allowing the connection of multiple servers to the array.

It sounds like the switches are using zoning to only let a server's HBA communicate with the array and prevent server crosstalk. You still need to update the updated server's zone(s) on the switch so the new HBA traffic can pass to the array.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Agha Nawaz
Advisor

Re: After changed the HBA card We are not Able to see SAN drives on Server

Thanks,

Yes   we defined WWN for new host on P2000 and we are using SAN Fiber Switch. we checked switch settings it is not using WWN, it is mapped with Vdisk volumes only.

Regards

Ali