3578 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Command View 10 Flash issue

Athome
Advisor

Command View 10 Flash issue

Hi!

I've installed Command View 10 in a server that does not have connection to the internet. I downloaded the offline install-file for the adobe flash player.

Every thing works fine, but I see that when I select one of the EVAs it waits for 30 seconds, before it shows anything in the right window.

This is while IE in the status line shows: Downloading picture https://www.adobe.com/images/shared/download_buttons/get_flash_player_gif

Anyone know how to get around this? I'm sure there are plenty of CV-servers in banks, hospitals etc. that does not have direct internet access.

A

5 REPLIES 5
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Command View 10 Flash issue

Hi, wow that's a bit of a pain.

Maybe you could use some kind of blocking in the web browser?
Athome
Advisor

Yeah.. annoying issue because its only to display this little logo: https://www.adobe.com/images/shared/download_buttons/get_flash_player.gif

Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

I recommend to send feedback to the developers directly. (CVfeedback@hp.com) They are really willing to help.

Regards,
Sebastian
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

You may have to try blocking adobe.com in the system's HOSTS file. Should be something like C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Add a line like

127.0.0.1   www.adobe.com   adobe.com

Depending on how that works, try changing the address to

0.0.0.0   www.adobe.com   adobe.com

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

If you try this, Windows only supports a single IP to name mapping. Create multiple rows with 127.0.0.1 and report back.

Regards,
Sebastian