New Discussion юеВ

Re: EVA and Commandview License

SOLVED
Go to solution
Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

EVA and Commandview License

Hi,
We bought an EVA recentely.Where should I enter license for command view and business copy? We bought unlimited license for this softwares and I do not how to use it and how to enter it for activation of them.Please Advice.

P.S,. This thread has been moevd from General to Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise). - Hp Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

CV-EVA is a "paper license" - there isn't anything to enter. After you have requested th BC-EVA license key through HP's web page you enter it through the "agent options" dialogue (or you can request a snap operation - if the license isn't active you will automatically get dropped into the entry dialogue).
Hasan_9
Regular Advisor

Thank you Uwe,
What about EVA continues access license? I purchased one unlimited license for my 2 EVA 4000. Does it enough or I should purchase another one for second EVA? How should I activate CA in my environment? I did not find where I should enter BC license, would you please direct me in more detail?
Nguyen Anh Tien
Honored Contributor

Just put your key on EVA Commandview SDM
and then all features that you bought are enable.
You should use EVA Commandview SDM to discover all function (CA, BC..).
HP is simple
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Hasan,

the CA licence is bound to the contoller WWN like the BC license, so each array needs its own license. Once you have registered a license (BC or cA) through Command View EVA, all functions are enabled - there is no extra work like a controller reboot.

I'll attach a screenshot to show the dialog.

--

There is either "Command View EVA" or "Command View SDM", but not both.

CV-SDM is for the VA storage arrays, not EVA.